Disclosure: This post is in collaboration with Parbhu Oculoplastic Surgery
In the search for achieving a more *chiseled* chin, I discovered this crazy thing called Kybella. After working with Dr. Parbhu for my first Kybella treatment, I was so impressed by the results that we decided to kick it up a notch and go for Round Two! (If you missed the first Vlog, check it out HERE).
Kybella is a safe, non-invasive, procedure that helps burst fat cells underneath the chin! Dr. Parbhu first used a temporary tattoo grid to mark the injection sites, then injected the Kybella into each dot. The entire procedure takes about 5 minutes from start to finish!
When I first began my Kybella research, I was a bit put-off by the idea of NEEDLES going into my NECK. But between pre-icing with an ice pack, and the speed at which Dr. Parbhu completed the injections...it certainly looks much worse than it feels. Pinky swear.
After completing the second treatment, I believe I have a solid understanding about the pros and 'things to consider' while thinking about Kybella for yourself....
Things To Consider
- Discomfort: I use the word discomfort and not "pain", because I truly don't believe it is painful. While pain can be subjective, it is not "painful" enough to require topical numbing cream and you can still go about your daily life after your treatment. Note: After the second treatment I did notice more "shooting" discomfort on the first night. The discomfort came in sharp waves every 30 minutes or so, but was relieved by continuing to ice the area.
- Cost: While each office will have different pricing options, Kybella is slightly more expensive than your typical injectable. However, keep in mind this is a one-time investment with permanent results!
- Multiple Sessions Required: While I certainly noticed results after just one treatment, I definitely needed another to see a dramatic difference. Each Kybella treatment reduces fat cells by about 25%, so most people will require between 2-6 sessions to see optimal results.
- It's permanent: One time investment and you're done!
- It's non-invasive: While some people opt for liposuction to remove fat cells, this treatment doesn't involve anesthesia, down-time, or undergoing a knife. In fact, I went grocery shopping afterwards!
- It WORKS: Kybella has been tested and re-tested, and time & time again proves to be incredibly effective on the majority of subjects studied.
As someone who can barely wait for a microwave to finish cooking, I'm having a hard time containing my excitement to see the final results! I have a follow-up appointment 4 weeks from now and will be bursting to share the pics! I'm so grateful to Dr. Parbhu and her staff for supporting me through the entire process.
If you're interested in learning more or trying Kybella for yourself, contact Parbhu Oculofacial Plastic Surgery HERE and 407-704-3937. They also offer a wide range of other services such as fillers, Botox, and a variety of cosmetic procedures.